INTERMEDIATES ONLY - Yardwork Group Skate Lesson
This is a INTERMEDIATE ONLY session meant for those who have some skateboarding experience and are looking to level up.
- Know the basics of turning, rolling, pushing, "tic tacs"
- Can do some tricks and looking to progress further
Interesting in taking your skateboarding up a notch? Come and develop your Yardwork skills! Join us at the Yard for our small group skateboard lessons in a safe and nurturing environment. All lessons are facilitated by our resident YARD instructors, who are ready to impart some of the beauty that is skateboarding -- community, physical and mental challenge, self-confidence, board assembly and repair, perseverance, wellness, and much more! Lesson sessions are 90 minutes long - 30 of which are "free skate" to practice and have fun! Attendees must bring their own safety equipment - including helmets, pads, and some stoke for the good of the crew, and all minors (under 18) are required to wear a helmet and pads. Please note that the nature of learning skateboarding sometimes will require a hands-on approach by our instructor. Our instructor will be mindful of safety during these times - requiring hand sanitizer and masks.
In order for us to provide a safe environment during COVID, we are taking precautions at the Yard. We also ask all attendees and parent/guardians to take precautions as well.
- If you or anyone in your family is sick, has been recently exposed or exhibiting symptoms, please remain home and be well! Please complete a home self health check.
- All sessions will be limited to 5 attendees at a time plus the instructor(s).
- Please maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Please consider bringing your own hand sanitizer. Use it before entering and when you exit the park. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- All attendees are highly encouraged to bring their own, full water bottle for their lesson. Water is available for purchase.
- We regularly clean the park and keep hand sanitizer available.